Cocos Lemon Meringue Cupcakes


My Nan used to make a killer Lemon Meringue pie. For the longest time I avoided making one because meringue is so finicky. Simple things like the temperature/pressure outside, temperature of your kitchen and the bowl needs to be squeaky clean. I bought the neatest cupcake book when I was visiting the town of Abergaveny in Wales and one of the recipes was Lemon Meringue cupcakes. The cake is a basic lemon sponge and then the inside is lemon curd, ( I store bought for the ones in this picture and it ain't cheap) which is why I quickly learned how to make my own. The top is a meringue which I am very proud of. It looks so pretty and one of my triumphs in my baking journey. Alas, I have not make them again because every time I attempted the recipe I would have this lovely creature being my companion and champion. 


                                                RIP my lovely Coco. 


It is silly, she has been gone a while and yet I associate these cupcakes with her. One day I will make them again and maybe they won't be any good because that little furball is not at my feet. I know it is not logical, and who knows, maybe a family member or friend will request that I make them and I will attempt but for now, they remain waiting..
 

Comments

Popular Posts