What ciabatta that shape? #4 Hollywood recipe

 Ciabatta is a recipe in Paul Hollywood's 100 bread bakes book but I have made his recipe before in one of his other books that I have. I love the soft texture of this lovely light bread and had fun putting it in a square tub like Paul suggests to keep its shape and then molding it into what looks like the traditional Ciabatta shape. 


Can you guess when the ciabatta was first 'invented'? If you think far back like I first did, then you are wrong! Ciabatta was first made in 1982 by a baker in Adria, Italy in response to the popularity of French baguettes. I thought that I would make us some bacon sandwiches in the loaves but... even though the texture and the taste was spot on, I need some help in the shaping department. If your mind goes to a dirty place, that's on you. :)

 


Comments

Popular Posts