Another monster

When I look at the sheer size of this homemade bread I am amazed that it fit in my small oven. Isn't it pretty? The height stems from not one but two dough rises over a 3 hour period. I simply use dried yeast that is most likely well beyond its expiration date but still obviously very potent. The Paul Hollywood recipe calls for it to be in a plait (braid for Americans) but I tried that once and by the time the proofing was over, there was no definition.I stick with a big lump shape and I think it looks divine. The Stilton cheese that it calls for can be pricey so I substitute with crumbled blue or a mix of blue and gorgonzola.I have always used pecans though abs the ones that peak out get an extra crispness to them out of the oven,so good that I can't explain. I highly recommend that you try to bake his Stilton and Pecan loaf.


 

Comments

Popular Posts